I am an “information gatherer” by nature. I did read Jane McClelland’s “How to Starve Cancer” and found it to be interesting (though wordy) and able to take things from it that I use in my own protocol with the blessings of my doctors. I found that what Jane offered was quite complex (I even took the online course to try to understand) and seemingly demanded numerous supplements that I had neither the desire or finances to take. I DO give Jane McClelland’s book credit for helping guide me but I also have a background in science education. Her book can be a tad overwhelming for someone who isn’t familiar with cellular structure or chemistry. That being said, I came away with some really good key messages/ideas that I needed at the time and still use as guidance.
I was diagnosed with Stage IIIC in July, 2022 undergoing chemotherapy, surgery (radical hysterectomy) and more chemo. I’ve been “cancer free”/in remission since December 31,2022 and feel appreciative of every day that I have. Should you read Jane’s book? Yes, if you’re ok with scientific detail (she does include her own story of fighting cancer; think of it as a parallel story) but don’t feel that this book is a cure all. I am also a member of her FB page (Jane McClelland OffLabel Drugs for Cancer) but would encourage anyone considering her ideas to confer with your care team.
I try to follow eating a balanced diet, restricting refined carbs and staying active. I have my own regimen of things that I take that has the blessing of my care team. It’s working for me up to now (hopefully for years to come!) but each of us is unique.
I wish you luck with your journey and would say that given the choice between the book and the online class, if your budget allows it, take the online class.(you can view as many times as you need to for comprehension. The class is about $120.)
I should add that Jane’s title can be misleading. The book is NOT strictly about diet but rather addresses the chemistry of “starving” cancer cells by depriving them of needed minerals and chemicals. Just an FYI
While specific book recommendations aren't covered in the search results, it's important to note that any dietary changes during cancer treatment should be discussed with your oncologist. Consider asking for a referral to a registered dietitian who specializes in working with cancer patients. They can create a personalized Show Full Answer
We're curious about the protocol you personally follow for your healing, Could you share a bit more about it and maybe offer some recommendations? I'm so happy to hear you're doing better. Thanks also for your book reviews—sending lots of love!
How are you, Cathy? How is your treatment with Gemzar going?🌸