Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Falfurrias, TX
August 11, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Neulasta helps make white blood cells. I was on it with my first two chemo.
The only problem I had with it was bone pain. First RX pelvic pain, 2nd RX
back/shoulder pain and honslety forget the third pain
I started taking Claritin a day before chemo and continued for a few days
after and magically hadno more pain. It really helped with increasing WBC
improvement. No one told me at first about taking the Claritin but it
really helped.

August 13, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Bone and joint pain . I'm not going to sugar coat it. It hurts.. but usually wears off after a few days. This is an important drug to keep your wbc in a range where they can continue chemo. It all sucks but like I told someone on here the other day. Keep your eye on the prize . Every treatment done is one less to go and one more closer to being finished. Do your best to power through.. ask your doc if they can help with pain management. When you feel like crap come and vent on us here and we'll do our best to cheer lead you through it.. you CAN do it. You WILL make it..and in several months you'll be telling someone else what I'm telling you now. Its hard.. but its keeping you alive and that's worth EVERYTHING. Stay strong girl!

Kate

August 11, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Bone pain but it does go away. For me, it was easily managed with Tylenol.

August 18, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thanks I'll get me some cause I don't get it till tomorrow after chemo it's the one they put on ya after the27 hours

August 14, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

This whole thing is scary honey.. I was and still sometimes do get terrified. Its normal. It's also right to gather as much information as you can about everything that's happening so you can make informed decisions and be prepared. Knowledge makes things less scary.. even hard facts are less scary than the unknown. But please please trust the process. These are drugs that are in common use for many many patients and helped us make it through chemo. None of this is easy or painless but you will make it through. It may be not so bad as you've heard for you..there is no way to know how you personally will feel until you start on it. I was hurting but I still was working full time so for me it wasn't completely debilitating.

Above all think of being there for your daughter..in a few months you'll be done and able to hug her knowing you fought through it. They are gonna slap a little gadget on your arm after chemo.. and 27 hours later it will buzz a little and blink green.. then you'll feel a little nip as the little needle deploys and injects the drug. The nurses will explain all this and how to know when its done and you can remove it. Then your white blood cell factories will get the message to go into overdrive..the little machines will work very hard to replace the cells the chemo wiped out so that's why there is some pain..but they are cranking out those cells to keep you safe enough to have your next chemo. That's how I always think about it.

You'll be ok.. believe you'll be ok!

K

August 12, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Herndon, VA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL