Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orange Beach, AL

I have clear cell ovarian cancer which has metastasized to my lung and liver

August 5, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with stage 1 clear cell in aug 2022. I had a reoccurrence in august of 2024. I went through chemo both times and I also had HIBEC surgery. During both times I was on a boatload of supplements approved by my oncology team. I stayed very healthy during chemo, definitely had side effect but overall was not to bad. I was determined to keep active and have a positive attitude. Cancer was not welcomed.

August 9, 2025
MyOvarianCancerTeam

It's crucial to work closely with your oncology team before starting any supplements, as they may interact with your cancer treatments. Your healthcare providers need to review and approve any supplements you're considering to ensure they won't interfere with your treatment plan.

Some nutrients that may be beneficial when Show Full Answer

It's crucial to work closely with your oncology team before starting any supplements, as they may interact with your cancer treatments. Your healthcare providers need to review and approve any supplements you're considering to ensure they won't interfere with your treatment plan.

Some nutrients that may be beneficial when approved by your doctor include:
• Iron
• Folate
• Vitamin B12
• Vitamin C Since you have clear cell carcinoma that has spread, your treatment plan may include targeted therapies along with chemotherapy. Supplements could potentially interact with these medications, which is why medical supervision is essential. Your oncology team can perform blood tests to check for any vitamin deficiencies and recommend appropriate supplementation based on your specific needs.

August 5, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kansas City, MO

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA