Answer Summary
Members shared deep frustration about the lack of understanding surrounding ovarian cancer, with overwhelming consensus that people fail to... Read more
What bothers me is people think you got it, you got chemo, it's gone, so now everything is great. They don't know about the 80% return rate. No one knows what you are going through except my teal sisters.
Ovarian Cancer is so unpredictable. I feel like my life is day to day. Recurrence is always in the back of your mind. I'm on my 3rd recurrence. This time has really been hard for me mentally and emotionally. I can see why people decide not to have any further treatments. It's just gets harder and harder each time.
Why it can't be diagnosed earlier? Why regular visits to your OB/GYN won't find it....
I find it hard to find words for what I went through 14 years ago and diagnosed stage 4.
I have had my 5 th recurrence and now on a new Keytruda cocktail..
No one can understand the physical and emotional trauma this disease causes …. Except my teal sisters!
People don’t realize that there are so many different types of ovarian cancer, and that some of the rare types respond better to treatment then some of the more common types. Agree that women should be able to get a CA 125 screening. The highest mine ever got was 155 and I am in my second recurrence and my CA 125 is still within the normal range. However, it started creeping up in January. Starting a clinical trial next week, so praying for a good response🙏 also bravo to the women and daughters that are getting their tubes removed! A couple of my girlfriends that had a hysterectomy in their 30s are contacting their doctors about getting their tubes removed since they are post menopausal anyway.