Yes, 4 and 1/2 years. Only Lynparza because I am BRCA1. I belong to a Lynparza Facebook group. There are several of us on it for multiple years. One lady who was part of the original trial has been on it for over 11 years. She has been on the full 600mg dose with no bad side effects. I had trouble with nausea and fatigue the first few months. The nausea is just occasional now, but the fatigue stayed. I have adjusted my activities somewhat and push myself to continue my exercise. I have bloodwork every 2 months and now I have a PET scan every 6 months. The first 2 years it was every 3 to 4 months. Because of my bloodwork my dose is 400 mg a day. So far my scans are clear.
I am very well aware of the controversy about being on Lynparza for more than 2 years for ovarian cancer. But mine was after a reoccurance, not just maintenance. I am very aware of the small danger of a blood cancer. But I have had massively bad reactions to chemo. So this is my miracle drug. I know that Astra Zenica is collecting data now to answer the question of how long is too long. I am grateful for the time it has given me. By the way, I have talked with 5 oncologists in the last few years and they were all in favor of me continuing the drug.
It would have been 3 years on it if I had kept taking it until the end of December. But my oncologist suddenly told me to go off of it. I had done well on it, not real problems except constipation which probably isk related more to my diet than anything else. Lots of ice cream, etc, Ha. I too am worried about cancer coming back.l I will have a scan in June as well as the usual blood tests, CA125, etc. Until then, what do I do? Worry, worry. I just have to accept the fact that it is believed that bad results can come an out if lynparza is taken more than 2 years and they do not show up in tests until it is too late, I guess. I have read medical articles on survival rates, etc cannot find anything on how many people on lynparza end up within boned cancer or leukemia. May be you can find something. I hope you arfe feeling well despite your worry. I sure relate to how you feel. Pat
Hi I was on Lymparza for 2 years came off in Sept 2024 I wish I could have taken it longer because I am worried about cancer coming back
I have learned from my Lynparza group that people who are BRCA positive or HRD positive use the Lynparza for maintenance after their frontline treatments are finished. Breast cancer people stay on it for one year. Ovarian cancer for 2 years. But then they go off of it.
I never had a reoccurence. Were you taken off of lynparza after 3 year or so? How long have e you been off of it and how are your tests?