You would have to ask your oncologist but they normally do pathology slides for determining cancer cells anytime they do surgery from the original hysterectomy to debulking after a reoccurrence. Since very high CA125 in January to now my numbers have gone down to low normal. Lynparza and Avastin have been a very successful treatment for me.
When first diagnosed I was genetically tested with Negative Braca 1 and 2. (2021). Had debulking surgery in 2023 followed by chemo and Avastin. Presently my CA125 is rising above normal but no evidence of anything on PET Scan. Avastin diminished one area to not even showing on the PET Scan but CA125 keeps rising. Recently had genomic testing from tumor slide from debulking surgery in 2023. Tested positive for BRACA1. This information opened up a whole world of treatment options and am now taking Avastin and Lynparza to see if it lowers the CA125. So negative BRACA originally does not necessarily mean after reoccurance that you are still negative BRACA. Genomic testing is fascinating and gives your oncologist a ton of information for treatment options.
It definitely did for me! I was so stiff and achy it was crazy. It would migrate around as well. I did have testing of the new lesions and found to be HRD+ so at least I can add a PARPi to my regimen