My understanding is that many ovarian cancers start in the Fallopian tubes, growing slowly. The cancer eventually migrates to the ovaries, whereupon it 'speeds up'. If that really is the case, shouldn't women (especially those considered 'at risk') who are either past child-bearing age, are infertile or who do not wish to have children offered Fallopian tube removal? Is this possible? Can the Fallopian tubes be removed leaving the ovaries intact, thus avoiding the hormonal impacts of ovary… read more
Yes, you can remove the fallopian tubes and leave the ovaries and it would significantly reduce a women's chances of getting ovarian cancer. You ask, why is this not routinely proposed as an option for women? Because the medical profession is a male dominated profession and women's health is treated as a second class status. This was clearly demonstrated when health insurance began paying for Viagra for men but still would not pay for birth control pills for women. Women have never gotten the health care that men enjoy. Women are vastly undertreated for cardiovascular disease as compared to men.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/newsroom/n...
Okay, I'm done with my rant. I feel better now. Just wish I had gotten my fallopian tubes removed instead of just having them tied off.
I’m so glad to hear that it hadn’t spread into your abdomen like so many of us experienced.
Same here.
Would be interesting to learn the answer 😁
Great question, would love to know the answer.