I finished my 6 rounds of doxil and carbo and avastin April 30th and now just on avastin every three weeks for two years is the plan . I’m stage 4 and this is my first reoccurrence. My ca 125 always stayed between 8-12 over the years and three weeks ago was 25 and they retested today during chemo and it didnt go down went to 26! A little stressed over this was hoping to see a drop ! Is the cancer still there and starting up again ? My next ct is set for September 19 ! Any advice would be… read more
Hi Lisa, the hospital where you get your cat scans done I highly recommend you get there patient portal. Ask the hospital sign up for it. It will give you access to see the results of your cat scan for yourself and ask your doctor for a copy of your blood work results everytime they draw your blood. You can look up each lab on Google to find out what each results means. This will help you be more in touch with exactly what’s going on with you and the cat scan results if there is any term you don’t understand you can also look that up on google. This doesn’t answer your question that you posted but it will give you better control of the information you receive. I go get my cat scan and an hour later it’s already available for
Me to look at on my patient portal. No more would you have to wait for your results.
Lisa, my Oncologist suspected that my lower back pain was causing a lot of inflammation, which can very well cause the CA 125 to rise. An MRI confirmed I had 3 herniated disc. The CT scan confirmed my cancer was not restaging so he feels certain that the inflammation caused my CA 125 to increase these last couple of months. When I had a blood clot in my liver and lung last year (in October 2023) that also caused my CA 125 to dramatically increase by 54 points.
When my CA-125, started to rise my Oncologist did a CT scan right away. It started climbing in Nov 23, and a scan was done every month there was NED. However my CA-125 continued rising. In March they did a PET scan and it was in my liver and the nodes outside my liver, along with a spot in my lung measuring 3.8mm. I started Carborplatin and gezebine the first week of April with CA-125 @ 4,289. As of two weeks ago tomorrow, my PET scan showed there was no activity in the liver or nodes outside the liver. The spot in my lung went from 3.8mm to 1.7mm. My Oncologist has stopped 2 weeks ago Carboplatin due to concerns that I’ve had so much (19 treatments) in 3 yrs.
Update: I got my results today from my CT Scan at MD Anderson cancer center. My cancer IS Not RESTAGING! I did however, find out that I have 3 herniated disc which I will start physical therapy for next week.
Hi Billie, glad to hear you are living your best life before you start the Elahere! Let me know how you are doing once you start on it. You’re in my prayers! 🎚️🙏🏻❤️