Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cedar Falls, IA
August 21, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thx I need to make an appt and hopefully have it drained. I have opted not yo do anymore treatments as the odds aren’t good and have been doing great except for the bloating. God Bless

August 22, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had fluid with 5 paracentesis drains each week about 20 months ago while waiting for all the scans, biopsies etc.( before getting on Chemo). The Carbo/ Taxol took care of the fluid after that. My big surgery did not get everything but my CA- 125 dropped to 130 ( from a crazy 11,500 ). Docs still say it's only trends on not the actual number that matters. Hmmm. Now cancer is growing and getting an appt. for next week at Interventional Radiology Dept. to get a paracentesis drain. Last 2 Cat scans showed fluid was increasing and now I feel 4-5 months pregnant. Top of stomach is very tight feeling. It's an easy procedure and had not much discomfort with it. I hope it will last more than a week or two! Doc said there is a chance the Doxil I am starting will reduce fluid some... It's tough to feel like I am back to the beginning! Hanging in there. I hope yours is not a sign of cancer growing. Keep us posted.

August 22, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you. I’m going to make a dr appt yo see if it’s fluid or fat😀😀😃

August 22, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Marcia2
I have fluid in my legs for which I take tablets. When I was x - rayed there was no mention of ascities and I had to accept this. Prior to having Jemimah (my tumor) removed I did have some around the stomach area but not as much as I had believed. I hope that you are managing OK? 🙂

August 22, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Falfurrias, TX

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Myrtle Beach, SC