Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My ca 125 usually stays steady and since my reoccurrence in September 2023 stage 4 ovarian with no Brca gene it was 7-11 off and this Tuesday from six weeks ago went from 11 to 25 and I think a big jump. They said not to co corned but my last scan was May 20 and will set one up for September 20th . Meanwhile I’m stressed could the cancer be returning so soon or is it something else! Any advice lmk thanks my teal sisters 💕

August 15, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes, I was in remission in January 2024 and was placed on Avastin for maintenance. My CA 125 numbers were within range until March and began climbing. Doctor wanted to wait and watch until June 2024. I was given a cat scan wich reflected a plueral effusion. Cancer reoccurence was diagnosed late July and my stage went from stage 3C to stage 4A. I am now undergoing chemo carbonation and do it to try to get my CA 125 number down from 910. My current issue is that my platelets took a nose dive which stopped treatment. I am being realistic about my future and focusing on quality of life.

August 31, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Since completing chemo three years ago, my CA125 numbers have been fairly stable between 11-15, with the last two at 14 (I've requested the test be done every 3 months, with my doc approval). I agree, we must stay on top of our markers. Sending positive energy and love to fellow teal sisters😘

August 31, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been fighting a yeast infection by my pant lines at my groin so I might have a higher CA125 due to inflammation.

August 31, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I've been feeling quite the jock (yeah right) because I guilt myself silly into keeping movement up. I do cycle, (the under the table kind) wear weights sometimes, use bands and loops and hand weights, and focus on my core. My tests still show low blood counts and poor protein numbers. My CA went up from 17 to 19. Viva progress lol

September 22, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I did not have that number go up. I wish you the best of luck

August 31, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Clemente, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭