Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have been having issues with ascites after being on my latest treatment (Doxil/Avastin) for 12 months. I was doing really well until the last few treatments. I will be getting this drained for the second time next week. CT scan stable and CA125 moving in the right direction.

July 13, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Leslie,

Sending strength, unity and love.

As if the lack of predictability with this disease isn’t hard enough, now you are dealing with contradictions that make no sense?! I’m so sorry.

What are your Dr.’s saying about the ascites? During the paracentesis, did they send the fluid for testing to find out if it’s from the cancer? Could it be from a different issue?

I know this is a lot to ask, but can you update us when you get answers.

Wishing you calm and peace and support! Please know, you are not alone!

July 13, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had the paracentesis this morning. The doctor who performed the procedure said they often do not know what causes the fluid. He said often it is a sign that the cancer is coming back, but in my case, everything has been stable and CA125 going down finally. Or it could be the chemo and Avastin that is causing some inflammation, or something else. They see some patients weekly and some monthly or longer. My oncologist said testing the fluid was not necessary at this time. I'll keep asking about this.

July 17, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you answering. I know you came here for answers and I hope you’d find one here. I’ve been thinking of you and I’m so grateful you posted.

I hope that you get answers soon. I know there are no words that will make it better or help you feel more in control or calm.

July 16, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

The CT scans show ascites, and the doctor who drew the last batch said the fluid would not tell them much. I'll see him again tomorrow when they do the next paracentesis and ask. I have a call into my doctor to again ask if they should test the fluid. My friend, who is a radiologist, can see the scans. He said there is nothing measurable in the fluid, just tiny cancer cells. Trying to stay calm and pray a lot.

July 16, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Leslie, sorry you have to go through this again ☹️. 🙏🏻🤗❤️

July 13, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hacketts Cove Nova Scotia Canada

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Myrtle Beach, SC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In