Just curious, Does your Oncologist just follow your CA 125 or additional tumor markers as well. When I was initially diagnosed last year, my CEA, CA 125 and CA 19.9 was elevated. I actually insisted that my PCP order the CEA and CA 125 because I had been feeling so ill that I knew something was wrong. Later, after I was diagnosed, the Oncologist ordered a CA 19.9.
Answer Summary
Members responded to a question about which tumor markers their oncologists monitor, with most sharing that CA-125 is the primary or only... Read more
After I was diagnosed with a CT scan in the ER, my oncologist tested me for 5 tumor markers. Only my CA125 was elevated so that is the one he continues to test for. I was initially around 450 and have been around 7 since I was declared NED. He tests my CA125 every month.
I only have CA125 every month
My oncologist follows my ca-125 every three weeks and cat scan every three months and regular blood work.
Mine follows imaging and how I'm doing. Ca-125 is a additional tool but not the complete picture of whats' going on.
Me,too. Ihave never heard of a CA19.9