I had a total hysterectomy with ovaries and fallopian tubes removed on 4/15.
They diagnosed me with IIb HGSC, that day. I am getting my first chemo treatment on 5/20
You are so lucky to be diagnosed at Stage 1 that is very rare. Most people don't get diagnosed till stage 3 or 4 because a lot of people don't have symptoms till its very advanced. I had no symptoms and when I finally did I was stage 4. It's a miracle yours was found at stage 1. You have everything going for you to beat this!!
I was diagnosed stage 1C HGSC. I had surgery to removed both ovaries, fallopian tubes and a cyst. The surgery was laparoscopic and took place this April I will have 6 rounds of chemo - 21 days apart. First I will have Chemo Education. Hope this will allay some of my fears.
I was diagnosed with Stage 4 HGSC stage 4 in 2022. I had chemo, surgery and have been 16 months with no signs of cancer. I am also Brca 2 positive.
Make sure they check you for the Brca gene it makes the world of difference in your treatment and outcome.