I have a recurrence and I'm going to be given Docetaxel (Taxotere) and Carboplatin. Do you lose your hair? Do you get peripheral neuropathy?
Yes, you will lose your hair just as the others have answered. Neuropathy is a very individual side effect. Some do and some don't. I had it for about 6 months and then it faded away. It is very common now to ice your hands and feet during chemo. You can buy ice gloves and ice socks for convenience. Buy several pairs to last for the whole time. I believe you can even get them on Amazon. Good luck. When all of your treatment is finished talk to them about a maintenance plan. They help prevent the next reoccurance.
Ps… as to neuropathy, I put my feet and hands in an ice bath during infusions - I didn’t have any terrible pains. I don't know if it was the ice that helped, as I already take Lyrica for sciatica pain from a tumor on my L5. I would ask for ice baths for your feet & hands.
I had only 3 chemo treatments - and I lost my hair as well. My doctor told me I would lose it two weeks after my first infusion. She was spot on. It’s not fun to lose your hair - but as my husband said, ‘I’d rather lose your hair than lose you’.
Yes you lose your hair with carboplatin
I'm so sorry to hear of recurrence 🫂 But no you will not loose your hair ! A little thinning . I have been using castor oil, I bought at Walmart for mens beards and mustaches, I put a few drops in my hand along with my conditioner , It has helped me over the years . I did not experience neuropathy. But as far as that goes we are all different. I hope you do well and are NED soon ! Big Teal Love and Hugs 🫂 💙❤️