Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Scotland UK

What stage were you diagnosed at and have you had a recurrence?
Thanks in advance πŸ™‚

August 25, 2023 (edited)
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with endometrioid adenocarcinoma and related ovarian cancers, with diagnoses ranging from stage 1C to stage... Read more

Members shared their experiences with endometrioid adenocarcinoma and related ovarian cancers, with diagnoses ranging from stage 1C to stage 4A, and many describing first or second recurrences occurring anywhere from months to years after initial treatment. Several members discussed their current treatments, including maintenance therapies like Lynparza and Zejula, immunotherapy protocols such as Keytruda and Lenvima, and the importance of vigilant monitoring through CA-125 tests and imaging scans, with one member expressing frustration over a misread scan that delayed treatment. A recurring theme was the exhausting reality of living with uncertainty, the determination to keep fighting through setbacks, and the comfort of sharing honest updates and encouragement within a community that truly understands the journey.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My fb family .how r you .I did hysterectomy due to ovarian ..I did five chemo paxel and three internal Radiation .since 2021. Having hipp and pelvic pain . Did two Pet Scan. The first one lymphmole .so I'm doing IMMUTHEARPY. One more last month .show improving . Just can't remember the blood test I did it was 9 .now 7 .it have to go down more .will update u

August 25, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I saw in the responses that a number of people had endometriod. Cancer. I had it too, and no one has mentioned it again. I also had endometrial of the uterine wall but no one thought that they were very dangerous and they were just different ending because of where they were.
They said it was not as aggressive as clear cell, but my clear cell is now thought to be a different cancer. NowI saw something about what they had given a special name, from my records at MD Anderson, which said it was endometriod but more aggressive than regularly.
Who knows.

September 18, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with synchronous uterine and ovarian in 2021. My ovarian is endometrioid 3a.
My CT scan in November of 2022 was misread as NED, even though there were 2 masses already there. The idea that I was walking around for 6 + months with untreated masses is utterly terrifying. I ended up with recurrence and these recurrence masses are most likely port site contamination. My first doctor was not suspecting cancer and was not careful during laparoscopic surgery, and I ended up with contamination. My new masses were exactly under the port sites.
I had a third surgery in May of 2023 and am trying Keytruda/Lenvima protocol now ( even though genomic test did not produce the match). I went out for 2nd and 3rd opinions.
I am so furious that my scan was misread and that I ended up with port site contamination!!!

September 16, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

2017 diagnosed endometrioid adenocarcinoma Stage 1C at 67 years old. ( I had severe endometriosis when i was younger) Treatment: Surgery and carbo/ abraxane x 6. 2020 ,had a very limited recurrance. Had a severe reaction to carbo that was shrinking tiny lesion near sigmoid colon, so had laparotomy to remove it as couldn't continue with chemo. NED 3 years. Not on maintenance treatment. I follow a very healthy Whole Food Plant- Based Diet.

September 5, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

oops no mention of reoccurrence yet tg...I am just 2 months out

September 1, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Lima, Peru

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In