Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mississippi State, MS
July 20, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Monica ❤️ yes ! Those seeds spread everywhere, how big are they ? And what is the plan of treatment? Is this your first recurrence? 🤔 I know it's really hard not to worry about those tumors , but ,for me , I know treatment can work! It's so hard not knowing what the future holds with this horrible cancer , but please keep asking questions! Anything ! It's not easy to talk to family and friends, they have no clue , funny people think all cancer is the same . I don't blame them I guess , how would they know, No one knows unless, they have a reason to research, it's amazing to me ,how many times I've had to explain in depth the situation I'm in. We are here for you ! Big Teal Love and Hugs 💙❤️

July 21, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Monica,
I didn't know I even had OC until I swelled in my abdominal area as if I were 6 months pregnant. I went to the emergency room, was admitted to the hospital and after CT scan, pelvic ultrasound etc. they diagnosed me with Stage III c OC. Ascites, a cancerous fluid created from the tumors, caused the swelling. Between March 22, 2022, and April 13, 2022, my surgery, I had three drainings of this fluid around my peritoneal cavity, and stomach area (between 2.5 and 3.5 liters each time). I had a radical abdominal hysterectomy, removal of the omentum, appendix, and scraping of the duodenum and liver. In May, I began 6 rounds of chemo, ending in September, after which I had a CT scan which showed no evidence of disease. In October 2022 they started me on infusions of Avastin every 21 days and daily doses of Lynparza (400 mg a day) to help prevent relapse. On Monday 11/20/23, I will be getting my first CT scan since September 2022, a little over a year ago. I'm saying my prayers and have asked a lot of others to prayer for me as well. So technically, in answer to your question, cancer had already spread to my peritoneal area, but with radical surgery, 6 sessions of carboplatin and paclitaxel, and over a year of Lynparza and Avastin, I'm living a "normal" life with OC. Once I healed from surgery, I got myself back to my walking 5-6 days a week, 4+ miles a day, and my husband has tested my ability to keep up with him on a trip to Key West, Fla and back to Baltimore, a Mediterranean cruise from Rome to the Holy Lands, and a cruise from Baltimore to Nova Scotia. I tell him, he almost killed me before the OC, because that pace was entirely too much in the short period since my diagnosis, but I think he was more scared than me and thought I was going to die any day!! I have been blessed and am going thru this disease from a healthy start and good eating and exercise habits. The major things I had to learn were a) accepting having No control over where this disease is taking me and b) not pushing myself regardless of who wants or needs me. Hope I have good news to share after I get the results from my CT scan Monday! Prayers and love to all of us on this journey🙏🥰

November 18, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Monica4, in case you didn't see the post about my CT scan done on November 20th, my call from the doctor's office said NED (no evidence of disease). My extensive surgery, my chemo treatment and my ongoing preventative treatment (Lynparza and Avastin infusions) are all keeping me moving in a positive direction.
I think I won the jackpot when I was directed to my surgeon who was the head of MedStar Franklin Square Hospital's Oncology/Gynecology Department. He gave me a copy of what was done during surgery, and he left "no stones unturned"..........radical abdominal hysterectomy, removal of omentum, removeal of appendix, resectioning of part of the bowel, scraping the duodenum, and scraping part of the liver. I was blessed to have him!

November 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Monica, Unitedhealthcare sent a promotional stretch band. It sat on my desk for a couple of days until I picked it up. I started committing to a short burst of upper body daily, extending when I can. Then I marched in chair and added a little leg lifts to that. I can't get off the floor easily, so I do them in bed when I wake up. I lose resistance value, but better than nothing.

I did pour through my chart and happened on the mention of tiny nodes in the peritoneal area and on my liver, though that one the surgeon mentioned I may have always had.

November 23, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thanks for responding. Please keep in touch going forward from time to time. I was originally stage 1A. It spread to the o
Peritoneal in about year & a half it seems. I did a precautionary front line treatment while NED. Since the reoccurrence in the peritoneal I have remained much reduced tumors…possibly dormant unless possible slight progression is confirmed. Praying for the best outcome. I feel good. Unlike you I-need to lose more weight, continue to improve diet choices & exercise has been my weakest add in after years of neglect. If I can get those these corrected & they can old it stable or push it back maybe my own immune system will hold it back a few decades more. Scan is a maybe slight progression so I have a Pet Scan coming to keep a closer eye it seems. The cancer is estrogen positive & aggressive uterine serous Carcinoma which is a rare & risky grade 2 so I use an estrogen blocker right now. I’m on a break from Avastin for now after a year on it. I received carbo/taxol for six rounds with Avastin that beat it back over 60% reduction or more.

November 19, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Adelaide, AU

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In