Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Princeton, NJ

Is acupuncture helpful for foot neuropathy due to lots of chemo? If so, about how many sessions does it take?

July 11, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I get acupuncture weekly - it is my "spa" treatment. I am mainly getting acupuncture for low energy, constipation and bladder urgency. I don't have any experience with it for neuropathy. It takes a few sessions to get results. For me acupuncture is just as much a mental benefit - I get to sleep while the needles do their thing (hence spa treatment)

July 11, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am sorry for this slow response but I am happy to say I had a positive outcome with accupuncture for my neuropathy. It obviously did not get rid of it but helped with severe numbness in my hands & feet. I had twice weekly treatments for six weeks and have stayed steady now for 3 months. I will go back for maintenance if I need it.

July 22, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was very successful in mitigating neuropathy with supplements from my naturopathic doctor. Fish oils dis wonders for me, but they can negatively impact treatment, so please consult your team.

July 13, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you Lesley.....that is helpful,

July 23, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston area

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waterloo, AL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In