Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seattle, WA

I know this question was asked a few months back. Thought I would check for any updates in case others have had it or those that did faced recurrence. I'm considered platinum sensitive and will be starting chemo in the next few weeks. I had Taxol and Carbo the first time. This time the recommendation is Gezmar, Carbo & Avastin. Any feedback on this combination? Things I should be prepared for? I appreciate all your advice!

June 7, 2023 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I ended up platinum resistant so followed a different protocol Doxorubicin/Avastin for a year before side effects required changing. Now on my 5th or 6th protocol in 3 years Keytruda/Avastin IV every 3 weeks, oral Cytoxan daily. Tolerating it well and for now it’s holding the disease from advancing. Good luck on the road ahead 🙏💕

June 8, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had taxol/carbo/avastin for my first recurrence for two rounds and it wasn't much different that when I went through taxol/carbo the first time. Then I was on just avastin for over a year. The avastin bothered my mouth, so maybe get some onco swish on hand to deal with that. It also made my blood pressure go up and I had to start medications for that and my kidneys were damaged. So try to stay active if you do maintenance with Avastin and drink lots of water.

June 12, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Megan, so I see this was a year ago for you, how did you do with the trio? I’m getting ready to start this new protocol, curious of your outcome….

June 25, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I never had 3 drugs at once

June 11, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear about your latest news. I'm happy to hear that you're going to get a second opinion and checking on clinical trials. Hoping the best for you 🤞🙂

June 9, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In