My pathology report shows finding of high-grade Mullerian adenocarcinoma.
Differential high -grade serous grade 3 carcinoma.
Can someone explain what exactly all this means? Dr. Doesn’t explain in layman terms very well.
I was dianosed last July. And just getting around to reading full report, had surgery and chemo and now in remission.
It all sounds pretty scary and serious to me.
Hello Kate5
If you feel up fir reaching out to Clearity Foundation, they can help with scientific unpacking your diagnosis (education) and they also have Steps through OC program (counseling and support).
Both services are free to you. I would look into reaching out to them online.
Sending hugs
Anna
Adenocarcinoma of Mullerian origin, previously, known as 'mesothelioma of pelvic origin', is a rare primary malignancy of the peritoneum [1]. It is frequently found identical to papillary serous adenocarcinoma of the ovary, hence, also referred to as extraovarian peritoneal serous papillary carcinoma.
It is serious but you seem to be doing well with chemo. Mullerian refers to where the cancer originated. It is an area of the pelvis usually along the peritoneum.
Wow Kate! That's a lot of information well above my head. I have the high grade Serous OC and am a stage 3C. I hope the best for you and will keep you close in my thoughts 🙂
Did your doctor give any reason for not using a maintenance medication? It does seem like a lot of ladies who are diagnosed at the same stage are taking them, but maybe with the more rare type of oc it is not beneficial. Did you have any genetic testing done to see if you are BRCA 1 or 2 positive or have any other genetic issues?
Thank you Debbie. I’m still totally confused, but by your explanation it sounds like I have something rare and definitely life threatening. Guess all I can do is hope for the best. 😢
Anyone else have input to share?