Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO
June 4, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My oncologist offered genetic testing, which came back negative for the 36 different mutations that they tested for. It wasn’t until recently that @A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member mentioned that I should also ask about genomic testing in the actual tumor. At that point, I didn’t realize that they were two different tests. Genetic testing is looking for changes that are hereditary using your blood and genomic testing is actually looking for the mutations within your cancerous tissue. You can test negative with genetics and positive with genomic testing. Either of these can guide which treatments you can receive. I mentioned this to my gyn oncologist and he was not aware that the genomic testing had not been ordered.

June 5, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Judy I hope your doing good. Did you go on Zejula? And have a recurrence? You are BRACA 1 + correct?
I saw my oncologist yesterday, I am BRACA2+ and I will start Zejula in a couple of weeks, once it gets approved. He says I will be on it as long as I can tolerate it and no recurrence. He was so happy with my surgery, CA125, CT scan showing NED!! Hoping your feeling well, keep us updated.

July 6, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been on Zejula for 1 1/2 yrs and am BRACA negative.

July 7, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been on Zejula for about 15 months. BRCA negative but my doctor also said it was still worth taking.

June 6, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was on it and I am not BRCA positive. My doctor said it wouldn't do a lot for me because of that but it was better than doing nothing. i went 19 months before I had a reoccurance.

June 6, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA