Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

Having my last chemo infusion soon and wondering how long will it be before they put me on a maintenance drug?

May 31, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

It was about 6 weeks. My last chemo was on Dec. 31, 2019 and I started taking Lynparza mid-February for 2 years. I am BRCA1+ and have been in remission since. I still see my oncologist and have bloodwork every 3 mos. (instead of monthly while taking Lynparza). I saw my Doctor yesterday and my CA-125 was 5.4. I feel very fortunate.

May 31, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Within the month after my last chemo

December 24, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been on Zejula regularly for almost 2 years. They started me on an elevated dose and it sent me to hospital. They adjusted dosage from 300 mg to 100 mg and my CT scans are coming back clean. My cancer marker has bounced in the 10-17 range so I'm happy with that. My diagnosis was 4 years ago!!

August 16, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Billie, I was told I would take the Zejula for 3 years. You will have alot of blood work for the first couple of months every week. Now I do blood work every month. Hoping for no reacuranc!

May 31, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My last chemo was on Sept 21, 2022 and I started on a half dose of Lynparza on Nov. 2nd which was increased to a full dose after one month. Was getting bloodwork done weekly the first month to check for bad reactions to the Lynparza. I get bloodwork done monthly now.

May 31, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
La Habra, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Baltimore, MD