Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ
February 20, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

There are two new trials that related directly to ovarian cancer. I was in two that did not relate directly and they did not work enough to be worth it. There are two new ones that do, but one only has one person so far that is doing well and is not enough to chance it. It is at City Of Hope in Southern California. The other sounds revolutionary but they have not started it yet and it has not actually been tried on humans, just animals and it is at MD Anderson, you should wait until they tried it more with others.

February 24, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

would you be doing this and no chemo? I am not sure I feel comfortable with that but I understand how it works. I was offered two different trials but said no as they sounded really hard and everyday was something. I would like to know what trials you are looking at. No one seems to give me any answers on what is working and not working.

February 22, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

If you look at the Clearity Foundation website (clearityfoundation.org) you can get info on clinical trials. My oncologist told me about the one I’m now being screened for. Have you asked your Dr for advice on this? You mentioned requirements - each clinical trial has its own set of specific criteria that you must meet in order to be accepted.

February 21, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Do you know the name of the trial?

February 21, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Your gyn/onc would have access to trials, requirements and objectives.

February 20, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lindale, TX

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Metro, GA