Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ
February 12, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi

I am stage 4B and I have sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is rare. It is an inflammation of your lymph nodes anywhere in your body. It makes you cough a lot when you have a flare up. Your lymph nodes are a filtering system to fight off infection or disease in your body. If you have a cold or even get Covid your lymph nodes will react. Some people will have a flare up and never have it again. Stress will cause a flare up and so will other things such as smoke or you breathe in chemicals. Some people live with it. They usually treat it with steroids. I did not do well on steroids. I am not a medical expect but I believe you have more than 600 lymph nodes in your body. Anybody have more info on that please add. They thought that the inflammation on me was cancer until I had a biopsy. I showed inflamed lymph nodes around my lungs and heart and neck area. It can distort your CA125 test. I did have a recurrence while being on Zejula, (very disappointing), so I stopped because the side effects were horrible and it wasn’t working for me. Sarcoidosis lights up your PET/CT also. So just recently my Pet/ct showed a lot of activity and had to get 3 MRI after that of 1 if my pelvic area with and without contrast and Two of my spine with and without contrast. That’s when they realized that cancer is active again in my pelvic area. My spine seems to be okay. Ovarian cancer and sarcoidosis make it more complicated to diagnos.

February 15, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

What is Sacoidosis?

February 13, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ