I am done for now with chemo. And will be taking Avastin (Bevacizumab) and Olaparib (Lynparza) as maintenance drugs for the foreseeable future. Has anyone had experience with taking these medications after completing chemo?
Did your hair grow back? I am so ready for hair again! Even a pixie cut!
ETA (6/14/2023): I am pleased to announce that my hair has grown into a pixie cut! It’s not curly. I like it!
My hair grew back but thinner . At first curlier. When I was on the trial, it got real thin and grayish. I started rub the Aragon oil all over my hair annd it stopped getting thinner. It was so dihydraing before. It changed its color some and was, mostly not grey. I have been putting the oil on my head as it all has fallen out. I have been on it since the end of March, so, and finally,I see tiny hairs coming out of my head. It is supposed to be really good for hair and scalp. I hope so.
Yes it grow back but for me usually curly and thinner. I lost it again but am now putting hair oil on my scalp. Hope it helps. It did in the trial.
Gailypaily and Glynn:
I don’t have the BRCA gene either, just the HRD gene. How quickly did your oncologist determine that the Lynparza wasn’t working and what did they put you on instead?
(I don’t know if you will even see this because there doesn’t seem to be a way to reply to replies that I can figure out)
After my fist 6 rounds of chemo my hair came in thicker and softer and very curly compared to my pre-chemo hair which was thin and straight. After my second 6 rounds after my cancer came back my hair came back thick and soft again but not nearly as curly. My hair is actually better after chemo than before. Never thought I would have cancer to thank for that. I have been on Zejula for 9 months.