Has anyone done the HiPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) when you had your debulking or cytoreduction surgery? If so, how did you handle it and was it successful for you?
I had it after my debulking surgery. You don't notice anything and it kills any little cancer cells that might remain.
Thank you, I hope this fight is going well for you this time too. What kinda of treatment this time for you?
My doctor did intraperitoneal chemo after my debulking surgery. He continued it for several chemo sessions along with my carbo and taxol I really think it helped because my tumor was pretty large and I had a lot of fluid in my abdomen. I went 2-1/2 years with no treatments until my first recurrence.
Can you tell me how long were you in the hospital? Where did you have it done at? Would you recommend having it done? Has your cancer returned since you had it done?