Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bridgeport, CT

I was NED for a year following my debulking surgery and chemo which I completed at the end of August 2021. My CA125 started creeping up. September 2021 showed lymph node metastasis but since I was feeling so good I did not agree to another course of chemo. I had follow up PET Scans scheduled for December 12th but I got COVID and rescheduled for January 12, 2023. I still feel too good to want to go back into treatment but can’t get a straight answer regarding risks/benefits, or any idea of how… read more

December 17, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Today is scan day. I am in a 5-6 pain zone with my usual GI issues. Fortunately I have a ZOOM Writing Course this morning to distract me.

January 10, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

You want to get thru the suit before starting chemo , is that right ? That is if you need it . Sounds like a wonderful 3 Mos of family and fun ! Good for you ! I'm sending positive vibes and prayers for a Good Scan 💙❤ let us know how it goes !

January 1, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with Fallopian tube cancer IIIc on March 23, 2021 - high grade epithelial cell. I had debulking surgery complicated by a wound abscess followed by a full course of carboplatin. and paclitaxel over 18 weeks. I was NED for a year so platinum sensitive. My recurrence was diagnosed in September 2022 showing metastasis in lymph nodes. I did not go for immediate therapy but three plus months of having fun with family visits, going on several road trips and enjoying the holidays. Next PET scans are on January 10th. I guess I will find out exactly how my body is trying to kill me and how fast the troops are moving. I am the plaintiff in a lawsuit against the Governor and AG of the state of Vermont over their residency requirement to access ACT 39 which is medical aid in dying (MAID). I would like to have more time to allow the lawsuit to perhaps get the legislature in VT moving on amending ACT 39.

January 1, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Lynda , if you don't mind ,what was your OC dx ? I know I would not be here now if I hadn't had more chemo treatments. I was dx March 29 2019 with HGSOC 3C I've had 2 recurrence first one was within 6 Mos of frontline.i have done 4 lines of therapy ,it will be 4 yrs in March. I completely understand not wanting to do treatments especially when you feel good and are living your life , treatments suck the life out . Please keep us posted on your scans . Prayers your scan is good !! 💙❤

January 1, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

No Evidence of Disease.

December 29, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Knoxville, TN

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Goodland, KS