I have low grade. I was taking 2mg Mekinist for about 2 weeks. After one week I developed a severe chemo rash on my face; I have sensitive skin, wasn’t really surprised by the rash. At week 2 my blood pressure spiked with migraines which is extremely rare but can happen. I’m positive part of it was stress and anxiety about my face, because after a few days of meditation the headaches stopped. I am taking almodipin now though to keep my BP in check.
My onc took me off the 2mg dose for a couple weeks to let my body recover. Yesterday I started back but at 1.5mg. The rash is slowly getting better, so far no headaches.
A bit of good news during all this is that my marker had been doubling each month. With only 2wks of taking Mekinist the marker growth drastically decreased!
I also developed the rash. Dropped the dose to 1.5 and rash is barely visible. I'm on losing prop and metformin for blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Thanks for responding.
I have metastatic epithelial overian cancer. I don't have any of the BRACA genes. Nothing else has curtailed it so far. I get scans in 3 weeks. Fingers crossed.
It’s a targeted therapy drug used for those with BRAV600 mutation.
I don’t have that particular variant so don’t qualify. Good luck. Hope it gains you good results 🙏💕
so, the meds caused a bad rash on my face. i held the meds for 5 days. the rash went away. started back on a lower dosage. all went well for 12 days then the rash came back on my arms and back. eventually all over. started losing hair. so I'm off the meds again for 5 days. rash is verry itchy!!!!!!! got meds for the rash and it's getting better, slowly. but the good news is my Ca-125 is down 75 points. and some of the lymph nodes are shrinking a little. so it seems to be working. any home remedies for rash issues?
Happy Holidays!!!!!