Do parp treatments only work on braca positive tumors. My genetic testing showed my tumor braca negative
Answer Summary
Members shared mixed experiences with PARP inhibitors for BRCA-negative ovarian cancer, with many reporting recurrences after 7 to 11 months... Read more
They now say they work on all ,but of course, nothing works on all
Exactly what Gailypaily said. I have spent hours researching this. Desperately looking to find something for those like my sister who do not have the gene or the mutation . Not a lot out there . They say the park inhibitors work best with those with mutation or gene but can be used for those without just not as successful. I am now looking into conjugate therapy.
I am negative. I a have been taking Zejula for 1 yr 7 months. Causes a bit of nausea and plan to continue taking it as long as my doctor prescribes it.
I used a High level of Lynparza and it worked but made me nauseous. When I went down, it no longer worked but I still had cancer. It is okay with BRCA negative now, but alway depends on the person. now.
No they a work on negative ones too. Not always