Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I just started Lynparza 600 Mg a day for 2 years I wanna know if anyone took this medication for 2 years. After you have completed the cycles of this medication what was your prognosis after treatment.

August 20, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am BRCA 1+ and took Lynparza for 2 years with minimal side effects. I have been off for 7 mos. now. Next month it will be 3 years since my debulking surgery with HIPEC. Knock on wood, my last CT scan was clear and my CA125 is still low.

October 26, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was on Lynparza for three months. The CT-Scan showed no improvement. I previously was on carboplatin for 8 cycles, also showed no improvement.
My next choice was Doxil or Hospice. I decided to do nothing. I have been 11 years stage 4 epithelial serous ovarian cancer. I am leaving my life up to God. I’m not ready to go into hospice or be sick with chemo side effects. My body is tired.

August 27, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Montgo, I have also just started with 600 a day of Lynparza, been on it for about two weeks Aside from a slight nausea, no other side effects, keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't heard of anybody taking it for more than two years though. Taking everything one day at a time, nobody can tell you with any degree of certainty what's in store for us. Praying that our remissions will last forever. Hugs, my teal sister. 😀

August 21, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Toni! I have been on 450 mg of Lynparza for 2 years with minimal side effects, mainly just fatigue. My new doctor wants to take me off at the beginning of the year. I just hope there is no recurrence any time soon. Kinda nervous about it.

December 6, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was on 400 mg/day of Lynparza for 8 months. Stopped for 5 weeks due to bad side effects. Went back on 300 mg/day for about 2 months but cancer came back. I am BRCA negative. Lynparza doesn't work as well or maybe not at all on BRCA negative. PS Lynparza didn't work. Cancer is back. Chemo again with worse side effects.

September 23, 2022 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kissee Mills, MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In