Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Taft, CA

Hello. Post chemotherapy I have developed strange allergies. I'm allergic to some plastics and to gluten. I had to wear gloves to decorate my tree this year 😂 If I hold a shopping bag on my arm I get red and itchy. Anyone else experiencing this
Also, chemo brain is real... it's called PCCI Post chemotherapy cognitive impairment. I can't remember numbers, directions or where I left my coffee. Thank heaven for my Uncle Google or I would be in trouble
I also have osteopenia...low bone density and… read more

February 21, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I told my husband that the map in my head was messed up. I really have to think about, what street goes where. I don't like to leave my house,I would rather stay home.
I have neuropathy in my feet. I was hoping that it would get better with time. It was just in the balls of my feet but it has moved to the rest of my feet. It makes walking better.
Having COVID-19 didn't help my memory. Being 75 doesn't help, lol.
I burn everything, so I gave up cooking! My poor husband, it's a good thing he was a cook in the army.
My endurance is terrible, I get short of breath and have to take frequent breaks.
I'm sure there is more, but I can't think any more.
I have taken up Zentangle drawing. It helps me calm myself.
God bless you and yours. Take one step at a time and don't watch the news!!!

February 21, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Reducing activities is a wise choice at any age. I chose to stop driving with neuropathy in hands and feet. Fortunately my city has good support for seniors and those with medical needs for nutrition, Meals on Wheels, delivered to homes or transportation either by Paratransit vans or taxi cabs both for a small fee. I chose to do my own cooking but use the cabs once a month for big grocery loads and other errands otherwise I walk or take the city bus to nearby shops. Check with your City services. It is a long journey so try to keep busy.

April 5, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Cindy thank you so much for writing about your experience. The map in my head is also on the fritz 😂 I have neuropathy in my toes but it doesn't really bother me. My voice changed too. I can't sing like I used to. I had a chemo buddy that ended up with a whisper for a voice and couldn't teach anymore. I used to teach children's art and I love zentangle. Have you tried zenDANGLE? It's really fun. Google images and you'll see some. I bought a book on Amazon.
My best to you Julia

February 21, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

If you had taxol,that is the worst for giving you neuropathy. I will never take it again. I think you should try to get a petscan to make sure.

May 6, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I already had brain fog due to fibromyalgia. After chemo my brain fog did get worse. I would imagine getting older doesn’t help either. It seemed like my brain fog lessened as time went bye after the Chemo. My family took my driver’s license away from me, because they thought I might not find my way home. Each thing that happens to your body you adjust to over time. I pray that everything will get better for you.😍

April 5, 2022

Related Questions

View All