Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harwinton, CT

Is anyone on the PARP inhibitors who is BRCA negative?

January 4, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

The PARP inhibitors work best for BRCA mutation. If you are BRCA negative but HRD positive they work also but not as well. I am BRCA negative but don’t know about HRD so was told would only get marginal benefits if any. Decided not to take them b/c of side effects.

January 16, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I don’t have the mutation and have stage IV b & my doctor keeps me positive and has no plans of loosing me as a patient. I feel that new and improved medicines are being updated and my plans for the future is living a good quality of life! I’ve read peoples stories on this website that have lived with stages of OV longer then statistically predicted; as you know, you aren’t a number!
Prayers for peace/comfort & Love.❤️

January 4, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’ve been on Zjula for 10 months. I struggle with anemia and terrible constipation. The constipation comes and goes. I’m having a very bad time with it right now. I’m just slightly anemic now so they just monitor me every 3 week blood work. Most symptoms due lighten up after 6 months

January 9, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

KarenGeorgia, that is so beautifully stated. Something we all need to remember. Thank you.

January 5, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I don’t have the mutation and was told success is not great without it.

January 4, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seminole, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Florida, NY