Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO
August 18, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes I had been prescribed Letrozole as a precautionary med for future cancers. The drug Letrozole increased my endometrial cancer and has been reported as an adverse effect which doctors are not acknowledging and continue to prescribe. I had to get off of it after 17 days as the side effects were shutting down my ability to move and even get up. I also gained 10 pds within the first week and my ca125 number doubled twice in two months. I am furious since by ca125 number was holding at the same low number tdd for 6 months. Letrozole was determined to be the cause of 2500 women dying in a clinical trial after using it within a two year time period. This drug had been banned from use 15 years ago and is now back in circulation.

August 30, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you Myco2020 for sharing your experience. I have declined taking this drug for now based on other info I have received. And now yours too.

August 30, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Minneapolis, MN