Answer Summary
Members going through chemo for ovarian cancer shared that days 3 to 10 tend to be the hardest, with bone pain, neuropathy, fatigue, and... Read more
Ask your oncologist as Claritin helped me with this but Alpha Lipoic Acid taken with it is the bomb! I started out with 200mg daily and am up to 600mg and holding. Up your magnesium if possible as well as your Vitamin D! BUT make sure you consult with and get an okay from your oncologist first!!! Oh, and massage and acupuncture may help as well. 🙏🏻🩵🌹
Thanks for all the suggestions to help with joint pain ladies! I had it terrible last night, but was too tired to get up and get Claritin since I sleep upstairs.
It’s been 7 days since infusion, usually start feeling better by now, but each one seems a bit different. I also think it’s cumulative, so likely side effects will get worse before it gets better.
All we can do is fight on!
I have had 3 rounds of taxol and carboplatin, and have found day 3 and 4 post infusion are the worse for bone pain in my lower extremities. Can't sleep due to the ache. I've taken Claritin as suggested, massage and magnesium cream helped some, would like very much to avoid the pain thank you for the suggestions.
I found that the injection to boost my immune system the day after chemo affected me the worst. That lasted a couple of days…
Briefly, I was dxd 01/20/2026. I had six rounds of carboplatin and taxol and then a second opinion and finished my 4th on 9/21/2026( a week ago) My worst days are 3-7. Taxol is the pits for neuropathy. I have used cold mits and boots, plus compression via compression stockings and size xs medical gloves. My neuropathy seemed to start on day 3 and then stat to improve during the second two weeks of the cycle.( I also have to have my husband replace the mitts and booties half way through the 3 hours of Taxol. The IV Benedryl makes me too sleepy to notice it warming but also allows me to tolerate the cold.) My neuropathy has gotten noticably worse and I am considering asking that they reduce the taxol load if possible. I do also go to PT several times a week and I am going to start more acupuncture for the neuropathy especially in my hands. I have also had to have Neulasta during rounds 8 and 9 which brought even worse bone and muscle pain. For them I actually take a double dose of Claritin on treatment day and sometimes on day 3 or 4 depending on my night the night before. I have used Votarin,activated CBD cream, or sometimes cream with arnica, magnesium, glucosamine. It depends on when in the day or night, what muscles or bones. All have usually provided some minimal relief but nothing has been the magic Ireally need. Palliative care suggested I use Ativan with any of the anti nausea meds at night especially in anticipatory days prior to scan or treatment or when I am ruminating about how I will feel. I find that days 3-7, I also have to use both pepccide and tums for the more reflux heartburn and Zofran (I have compazine but have rarely had to use it.) Staying ahead of it and eating small amounts frequently and allowing it to be pretty much anything I think I can hold down has helped. I prioritize Sleep, hydration, and make myself go for short walks at least and have movement through my days. It is not perfect but this I am told will be my life since I was not a debulk candidate, I will be in active treatment until I can't handle it any more. LAst night was night going into day 7 and I tried 600mg of Advil and .5 of Ativan and then a Zofran and I slept really well last night.
Much of these tricks I learned from fellow warriors or my Palliative NP. Hope it helps anyone at least a little bit.
Togther we got this! Prayers for and gratitude for All the OC warriors.
Judy N