Si Inhave had CA125 when it first returned, and it just went up to 10, then 14, when the Dr. finally paid attention s it had gone to my liver. It had gone down a few years ago to 14,but then I had a small heart attack, which did not hurt my heart, but they would not give me it. I finally went to Dr Soud in MD Anderson who indicated there are also other reasons, and if I continued, I just have to be very carefully. At home the heart doctor said he had originally thought it would be better if there was something else, but since it was the best, we should do it, but he did not know enough about cancer and the people refused to give it to me so Dr. Soud was not risking anything. He just felt it it very difficult to travel so often so he would just see me evey3 months. It went good for a while but that other doctor did not pay attention. I am much sicker, but am now on my same. Drugs which are Keytruda, Avastin, and another that is a daily pill, nd it was a success as nobody got worse, some got better, and others stayed the same and some got all better.
Now it is higher but it gets more dangerous when it goes above 40. Hopefully it is back down some again.
What is CA-125?
CA-125 is a protein that can be measured in your blood through a simple blood test. It's called cancer antigen 125, and it's often produced by ovarian cancer cells, which release it into the bloodstream.
Most people naturally have low levels of CA-125 in their blood. The normal range is generally considered to Show Full Answer