Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
March 25
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Stage 3C HGSC and have completed chemo and now on the Avastin maintenance every 3 weeks. After my surgery in August the Dr. added Avastin to my last 6 chemo treatments so I was getting all 3 for the last rounds, went from 6 infusions to 12 infusions cuz I had lingering cancer they were unable to remove during surgery. I had to be put on blood pressure meds about 3 months back, must be the Avastin affecting my BP. Other than that I haven’t had too many other reactions to having all 3 except for normal reactions like fatigue, nausea, joint pain, runny nose, etc.

June 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had the same combination last April and had to stop Avastin because it affected my heart and I ended up in the hospital did a week . Since then I have to take Bloodpresdur medication but feel good. Unfortunately my cancer has returned and I start chemo again on 3/30. No longer will be able to take Avastin .

March 25
MyOvarianCancerTeam

Are you looking for information about the carboplatin/docetaxel/Avastin treatment combination?

This combination is used to treat ovarian cancer. Carboplatin and docetaxel are chemotherapy drugs that target rapidly growing cancer cells, while Avastin (bevacizumab) is a targeted therapy that blocks VEGF, a protein that helps Show Full Answer

Are you looking for information about the carboplatin/docetaxel/Avastin treatment combination?

This combination is used to treat ovarian cancer. Carboplatin and docetaxel are chemotherapy drugs that target rapidly growing cancer cells, while Avastin (bevacizumab) is a targeted therapy that blocks VEGF, a protein that helps tumors grow new blood vessels.

Common side effects from this combination may include:

* Nausea and fatigue
* Low blood cell counts (anemia, low white blood cells, low platelets)
* Neuropathy (tingling or numbness in fingers and toes)
* Bone pain
* Hair loss
* High blood pressure and increased bleeding risk (from Avastin)

The chemotherapy drugs can cause damage to healthy cells along with cancer cells, which is why side effects occur. Neuropathy can appear early in treatment and may affect your ability to do fine motor tasks or cause sleep disturbances.

It's important to stay on top of anti-nausea medications and communicate with your care team about any side effects you're experiencing. They can help manage symptoms and adjust treatment if needed.

Is there a specific aspect of this treatment you'd like to know more about?

March 25

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bonita Springs, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Diego, CA