Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Goodland, KS

My endometriod cancer morphed in MMMT ( carcinosarcoma) as a recurrence. I know it’s aggressive and hard to treat. Right now I’m on doxy, carbo and Avastin.

February 4
 · 
Reactions
MyOvarianCancerTeam

Are there carcinosarcoma long-term survivors in the community?

While the search results don't specifically mention carcinosarcoma survivors, they do share stories from members dealing with recurrent ovarian cancer who've found hope and extended remissions. A MyOvarianCancerTeam member shared being in remission two years Show Full Answer

Are there carcinosarcoma long-term survivors in the community?

While the search results don't specifically mention carcinosarcoma survivors, they do share stories from members dealing with recurrent ovarian cancer who've found hope and extended remissions. A MyOvarianCancerTeam member shared being in remission two years after diagnosis, emphasizing that "I am not a statistic. I am not a number."

Another member with recurrent high-grade ovarian cancer found success through clinical trials, achieving stable disease by combining a treatment that worked during their first remission with a new class of medications.

Your current regimen with doxorubicin (doxy), carboplatin (carbo), and Avastin is a recognized approach for aggressive recurrent ovarian cancers. Avastin has shown benefit when combined with chemotherapy for difficult-to-treat subtypes.

Since carcinosarcoma is particularly challenging, consider:
* Getting a second or third opinion about treatment options
* Asking your oncologist about clinical trials specifically for carcinosarcoma
* Researching trials yourself - one member found this empowering during recurrence

Remember, someone has to make up the survival percentages, and trusting your instincts about your body matters throughout this journey.

February 4
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I think i found you on Facebook and sent you a message.

March 17
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Lori, I tried to find you on Facebook messenger so I could send my phone number. Boy! Are there a lot of Lori Gardners on facebook! I was just reluctant to send that info. Could you send a friend request so I could pm you? I hope you are doing well!

March 16
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Im in southern Ca. Im open most of next week too. I hope your treatment goes well.

March 4
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I would love to chat! My doctor just added three more treatments of doxycycline/carbo/avastin. My 6th one is on Monday. I travel to Denver for treatment. I am open most of next week if that works for you? I’m in Northwest Kansas.

March 3

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Centerville, AR

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Minneapolis, MN