I haven't heard much of anything and I always share the info any ideas how long this should take to process
I spoke directly on the phone to a Social Security Admin customer service person. They will fast track for Ovarian Cancer if it has spread. Just request it. "The Social Security Administration (SSA) uses a Compassionate Allowances (CAL) program to expedite disability benefit decisions for individuals with certain severe medical conditions, including advanced ovarian cancer. This means that individuals with ovarian cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (distant metastases) or is inoperable or unresectable can have their disability applications processed more quickly." You have to wait about 2+ hours on hold to get through but they are very helpful at offering it.
Carol does a lawyer charge? I filled out mine online.
If you are.not collecting SS then apply through a lawyer and not on your own.
I have been on social security disability since spring of 2014. I am able to work part-time jobs while collecting. I was diagnosed in the beginning with stage 4B ovc
I applied in January 2025. I still haven’t heard back from them. I’m stage 3b. Had to quit nursing due to fatigue, brain fog and neuropathy. I’m still getting my long term disability from my job but not sure how long that will last. The wait could be as long as a a year they tell me.