14 years with stage IV! Keep up hope!
Hello! Julie here, staged 4 in August of 2021. I’ll be 3 1/2 years out in a month. I had pleural effusions when first diagnosed. I have no BRCA, no HRD. I thought my expiration date was 3 years. I was thought to be platinum resistant, but here I am. I ran a 10k three weeks ago and feel great. My friend Megan was diagnosed stage 3 and died last year at 2 years post diagnosis.
There are so many factors at play. What was your general health before diagnosis? What are your results with chemo? Avastin, Folate receptor positive? Mentally, how are you holding up?
As you’ll hear, there is no “typical” length of life. We are living longer.
How are you feeling now? What did your onc say? Do you need thoracentisis? I’m sorry that there is not a clear, cookie cutter, stat out there. Stay strong. OC is more of a chronic condition. Put it in its place and live big!!
I’ve been stage 4 for 5 years still battling it , keep the faith
Yes Carol123 - Each person is different and responds differently. Have faith and hope. Prayers coming your way.🙏🏻
Encouraging, thank you