I was diagnosed very early - Stage 1a, clear cells were found. My surgeon said I was 'cured'. Others (PA) said that I am only in 'remission' - follow up every 3 months for 2 years, every 6 months for 2 years - then on my own. After 5 years, I would be considered 'cured'
Everything I have read and experienced says that this monster simply does not go away MOST of the time. You were very fortunate to have caught it so early. Hopefully you will be one of those who is a one and done deal.
My Dr.told me last year, that they don't say "cure". They say "treat". But, words are words. Doesn't make it any less lethal, what ever you say.
Being caught stage 1A you have a really good chance of it not coming back (you’ve the same diagnosis and stage as me in fact!) From my reading there’s somewhere between a 10-25 percent chance of recurrence - which is really good compared to other people’s situations…but I feel exactly the same as you in that you can never really be free of the risk of it now - which is psychologically very tough.
My oncologist said whilst my prognosis was really good overall it could always come back ….which crushed me somewhat! 🥴 They wouldn’t be drawn on an exact percentage statistic either - because apparently they just don’t know!! She said there just isn’t enough data on ovarian cancer (unlike breast cancer where there’s lots of cases and they can predict so much better) and there’s even less data on clear cell cases but they thought lower than a 25pc chance of recurrence when pushed on this!! However, if you get to 5 years without recurrence I was told it was far less likely to come back after that (so almost free of it!) Really hoping and praying you are in the never to come back category! 🤞🙏
Its great that you found it early but i would never miss a check up this is a nasty diease that sneaks up on you
I’m so happy you found it so early and don’t have to go thru what a lot of us are. You’ve got a good guardian angel.