Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

My doctor says to let her know if I feel the cancer has come back. I was stage 3C and had 19 tumors and didn't even know it. So I wonder how I would even know it today if it happened.

March 26, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Your Dr says to let her know?? Seriously? Is she an oncologist? I was also Stage 3C before I even had any symptoms. You need to have regular scans to tell if the cancer is returning. I think you need a new doctor.

March 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I understand she wants you to tell her if you feel “different” but I was diagnosed 3C with NO symptoms. Please find an oncologist that is more assertive with your treatment. Good luck to you!

September 17, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

after my first reoccurance i had monthly blood work, When my ca125 went up we did a PET scan and found lymphnode involvement and peritoneum trumors. i can feeling the bloating and i just knew things were growing, I am on my 5th and 6th different chemos, We are pushing for tumor testing sensitivity with a new drug. Waiting on Medicare to approve. you hang in there and ask for bloodwork. you have to stay one step ahead.
Good Luck and try your best to enjoy your journey.

March 27, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Have you had a reoccurrence? I was told I know my body best and I would know. I'm sure eventually I would but then it would be too late. I only get scans every other time and they weren't even going to check my CA125 levels because it isn't a good marker for me (highest it ever got was 60). But I did get them to go ahead and order the test and it was 10.

March 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Unfortunately, the ca125 marker isn't good for everyone. Mine was 19 at recurrence. My only symptom was indigestion. Trust your gut when something feels off.

September 16, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Myrtle Beach, SC