Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 4, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Rock on Nancy10!
My gyne-oncologist keeps telling me my CA125 is "just a number" and that they don't treat numbers. Well I insisted they check my CA125 which has not been checked in 6 months and was steadily creeping up for 6 months before that, and it's 2,900!!!!! You can bet I'll be on their asses when I see them next Monday. Time to put my nurses cap back on and run this shitshow again.
I. Am. Pissed.

February 6, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Mine was in my ovaries and Fallopian tubes and omentum. I really don't care if it's called stage 3 or 4. It's just a number so why care? As long as we can be treated that's all that matters.

February 7, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Mine was also in my omentum as well as my appendix. I was stage3C. There were also microscopic cells in my liver. Some of those have started growing in spite of the Avastin and I am scheduled for another scan on Feb.14. And more chemo with doxil this time. Hope the lack of appetite side effect applies to me. As for it being just a number that may be so but it's a number that indicates where you are in the progression of this God forsaken disease. As for miracles, since when? When Jesus walked the earth but not now. No miracle is going to save anyone from this monster. Once it comes back they can try to slow it down but they can't stop the fucking thing. I know it will kill me. So far they can't even slow it down much. I hate it but it's true. And before anyone accuses me of being negative I am just realistic about the situation. I admit that I am terrified of dying but damned if I will let it stop me fighting for as much time as I can get or from living what life I have left. Montgo,if it hasn't recurred since your surgery you've got a shot that it may not. But if they told you that there were microscopic cells then you can bet that it will.
I wish you all the best.
Dog Bliss you.

February 4, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was stage 3C into the omentum as well. Remission since 2018. God Bless. Speak up for yourself, no one else will.

March 28, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Who cares?

February 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Philadelphia, PA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mississippi State, MS