Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV
January 20, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded with overwhelming solidarity to the question about hair loss during chemo, with the vast majority confirming they lost their... Read more

Members responded with overwhelming solidarity to the question about hair loss during chemo, with the vast majority confirming they lost their hair, most often from Taxol or Carboplatin treatments. Several members shared that hair grew back after treatment, sometimes thinner, curlier, or with less gray, while others coped with beanies, wigs, baseball caps with attached hair, and crocheted chemo caps. A recurring theme was resilience and perspective, with many members expressing that losing hair felt like a small price to pay for fighting cancer and staying alive.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

All my hair fell out 2 weeks after my very 1st chemo. I lost every single hair on my body and face. So I looked like a hard-boiled egg without make up. My body was like a naked mole rat.

My hair is coming back slowly but not a single piece of grey hair returned - bonus!

January 31, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Did one round of Chemo two weeks ago. Hair is starting to fall out. I will be shaving my head this weekend. One of my team members made a bunch of hats to wear. I am going to be a blonde👱‍♀️

January 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

The majority of us who did the Carbo/Taxol treatment lost most or all of our hair. It does grow back though.

This is a little over two years from my last chemo treatment.

July 5, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Mine is growing back but more sparse and delicate than before cancer. It's much more gray now, and curly, which is something surprising to me. I don't know what to do with it-it looks weird, like rats chewed it off or something. I guess I'll have to get used to having 'bad hairdo days.' Meanwhile, I enjoy donating crocheted chemo caps to the charity called KNOTS OF LOVE. They understand us!

April 20, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Gailypaily how about streaks of lavender and teal?

April 19, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sherman, TX

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA