The Gyn oncologist is recommending a HIPEC procedure along with the Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. Has anyone had the HIPEC done? What’s your post op experience?
Answer Summary
Members responded warmly to a question about the HIPEC procedure, with many sharing encouragement even if they hadn't experienced it... Read more
Sounds like a good thing to have done! Please let us know how it went. This is me doing my happy dance for you.
Hello Rhonda2,
Yes my surgery was done on 11/30/22. The surgery took about 6 1/2 hours and was successful. The recovery was a little tough in the beginning. I didn’t realize how much our abdominal muscles are needed.
Now I’m doing well and on maintenance meds of Lynparza daily and Avastin infusion every 3 weeks.
I had HIPEC last year July with my total hysterectomy. It took 9 hrs total. But it is a good thing to do to keep the cancer away in your abdomen. So far I have not seen anything in my abdomen area. Good luck to you!
Thanks!! HIPEC procedure is Hyperthermic Intraperitonal Chemotherapy. It will be warm Chemo injected into my abdominal area to kill any remaining cells before she does the TAH. It also keeps me in remission longer. Approximately a 5 hour surgery in total. God bless you as well.
Sorry to hear that lymparza isn't working. My understanding it works u til it doesn't. I'm on a lower dose of lymparza have been on it for over a year. Will be doing scans in March and April because if a cough that won't go away. And a pain in my back. Hopefully it's allergenic. Keep us posted on what's next for you. Prayers and hugs