Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cincinnati, OH

Has anyone used cooling socks or mittens , during chemo, to prevent getting neuropathy

August 27, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members overwhelmingly wished they had known about cooling socks and mittens during chemotherapy to prevent neuropathy, with many expressing... Read more

Members overwhelmingly wished they had known about cooling socks and mittens during chemotherapy to prevent neuropathy, with many expressing regret that their medical teams never mentioned this option. Several members shared that using ice therapy during taxol or other chemo infusions significantly reduced their neuropathy or kept it from becoming as severe, though some still experienced mild symptoms in their hands and feet. A recurring theme was frustration that this simple, effective strategy isn't consistently communicated by oncologists and nurses, leaving many to discover it too late or by chance from other patients.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I used ice on my feet during my last carbo/taxol and I have very little neuropathy. I have started carbo/doxil and am using the ice again.

September 10, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I haven’t started my treatments yet but my oncologist suggested I invest in the cooling socks and gloves. Said it has helped others in the past.

August 27, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes definitely. Helped a lot. I did have some neuropathy but it eventually went away and it wasn't nearly the as bad as others had it. I definitely recommend it.

August 27, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Definitely cooling socks and mittens when you get taxol.

January 12, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

II used them as well. Big help. 3 hours with taxol

September 24, 2022 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Baltimore, MD