As treatments proceed do side effects get more pronounced or is the “cycle” the same?
It is different for everyone. Had to go to my dermatologist yesterday to have a cyst removed. He said we should check with a derm about itching and skin conditions because they can help. He is going to do some research into Parp blockers and let me know if he can come up with some help for the itching, etc. Yes, Claritin helps with a lot of the issues. He said to try Claritin D that it might work even better but to stay hydrated no matter what we take. I take Gabapentin for neuropathy and have found that wearing my TED hose helps with my feet. So try strong support hose and see if it helps your feet and legs. My oncologist gave me RX for diclofenac and I use it on the neuropathy sites and my joints. It works but may take about 10 days to really show good results. Try massaging the sites it helps too. Stay positive and rest when you need to. Try ginger tea for nausea and over the counter Emetrol works wonders for it as well and doesn’t make you sleepy. It’s safe for pregnant ladies so it’s fine for anyone to take. Try using Mylanta II for tummy aches it works great for me. We did have to had Protonix for relief. Carbonated beverages can be a problem if your stomach hurts too as well as fried and spicy foods. Believe it or not but cinnamon helps too. Put it on food or in capsules. Never take it in a spoon and swallowed it as it can get in your lungs and kill you. Love ❤️ you all. Just keep swimming! God bless y’all!
I put my feet in cold water b4 bed and it stops the itching for a while so I can fall asleep
I think this depends on the person! This has not been true for me, but I have a friend with OC who says her side effects have been cumulative. And side effects also vary from one person to the next. She has had a lot of neuropathy, and I have had none. So it’s pretty impossible to predict how any one individual is going to react to treatments.
My side effects did get more intense as the cycles went on.
I made a bit over 1 yr on Doxorubicin/Avastin before the side effects(HTN/skin rash etc)required a change. Neuropathy from Taxol in feet is to the point of numbness. I think the dosage and duration has a lot to do with individual side effects. Sharing coping mechanisms here helps find a path you can live with while continuing treatment. 🙏💕