My number was only 44 when the cysts on my ovaries were spotted. After a complete hysterectomy and laparotomy, my doctor got everything out in one piece but high grade cells were present. So I did 6 treatments of Carboplatin and Taxol during which my levels went up to 197. Before my last chemo they were 143 and now after a clean PET scan it is 158. My doctor is not worried as she thinks this number doesn't have anything to do with cancer since my scan was good. I did have Covid about the… read more
Answer Summary
Members shared deeply varied experiences with CA-125 levels after clean scans, with many describing situations where their numbers remained... Read more
My CA125 has not always been correct for me - so my doctor looks at it but only does treatment based on PET & CT Scans
There are many things that can cause your CA125 to increase. In my case it is my Auto-Immune disorder and the inflammation it causes which also causes my CA to increase.
I expect my Ca-125 will go up on the Thursday test. The hand-foot syndrome, associated with Doxorubicin, has advanced to blisters, inflammation and swelling of my feet and my arthritis has been barking like a dog. Depending on what percentage of rise is seen, a CT scan may be done after this, my 10th round, of Doxorubicin/Avastin or we’ll schedule it for after the 11th round. May even have to shoot a PET scan. I’ve had so many scans I’m amazed I don’t glow in the dark!
I had my 3 month check and my CA125 is still elevated but a bit lower than last check. My doctor is confused since my pet scan was negative so we wants me to have another one just to double check. It elevated during treatment up to 197 it came down and now it is at 152. We thought at that time it was because I had covid so she is interested in finding out if having had covid is keeping it elevated. I do also have arthritis so maybe that has something to do with it. She is not sure about that though.
There are factors that can cause increases in Ca-135. My gyn/onc explained the need to evaluate the percentage of increase in addition to findings on scans. Doubling is significant. Glad you picked up on it and got chemo going again. As we know the problem with OC is it’s adaptability with a propensity to reoccur.
Pray your next scan shows a good response 🙏💕